KCC and the SCOL Team are happy to announce that now through the end of January, Ser Chö Ösel Ling is open to Sangha members for overnight stays at no cost. Come spend a night or three at our beautiful retreat land.
We are making five spaces available. Visitors are required to abide by the following guidelines due to very limited staffing resources at SCOL. Please read through the list below a couple times.
- Visitors must have experience staying at SCOL during a retreat or multiple work parties. If you haven’t been out here before, please ask an experienced friend who is willing to come out and stay with you, answer your questions, and otherwise help make your visit as enjoyable as possible.
- We suggest a maximum stay length of three nights.
- Visitors must be self-sufficient by bringing their own food, beverages, bedding, soap, towels, flashlight, and other materials.
- Visitors must cook for themselves, in their own space. Each space has cooking facilities, a refrigerator, and a full bathroom.
- *The main kitchen in the cloister will not be available for visitor use.
- Visitors should plan and bring your own quiet activities, such as personal practice, walks on the property, or other activities.
- All shrine rooms will be open and available for visitor use.
Safety is always a primary concern, and the following SCOL rules always apply:
- No open flames of any kind — no incense, candles, smoke offerings, etc.
- Sign out and back in when going for walks. Trail maps will be available.
To schedule your visit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be flexible when inquiring and making arrangements. It is unknown how many will be interested. It is possible that the spaces would fill up and there would be no vacancies at any given time during this window of opportunity.
Please investigate, and pay attention to, road conditions on I-84, Washington Highway 14, and US Route 97. This is winter and road conditions can change quickly.
The SCOL Team
Lastly, the SCOL Team has the responsibility, and will exercise discretion, in making sure everything is going well. If we get too busy, or some unforeseen circumstances arise, we may have to reschedule or otherwise cancel a visit. Thank you for your understanding.