For people interested in learning about KCC, we offer an introductory session for newcomers once a month, each third Thursday from 7:30pm-9:30pm. The session will provide an introduction to Buddhist sitting meditation and an overview of the resources and practices of KCC. The class is intended for individuals who are either unfamiliar with Buddhist practice or are new to KCC.
The session covers:
- History, lineage, and teachers of the Center
- Practice and study opportunities offered by KCC
- Fundamental principles of Buddhism
- Basic sitting meditation practice
- How to participate in KCC